Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nothing To Be Anxious About, Part 2

, | Hopeless | April 22, 2017

I’m in my sophomore year of college. I have been diagnosed with general anxiety for about three years, but am not doing anything to deal with it yet. Several things aren’t going well in my personal life and classes. One major problem is that I will get so stressed thinking about all my homework that I literally can not even start it. For my chemistry class, I have already turned in too many lab reports late because of this. One more, and I will fail the class.

I am so anxious from that extra pressure, on top of only having about an hour to write the report, that I can barely do anything but cry and try to keep breathing. Somehow, I get out my phone and manage to text a friend, the only one I can think of who isn’t in class right then. He drops everything and runs to my dorm, even though all he can do is sit there with me. With his encouragement, I manage to get the report done about the time my lab ends, and he also gives me the courage to face the professors. I would not have made it without him. Not only did we stay friends, we are now dating, and he’s the most supportive boyfriend I’ve ever had!

My chemistry professors were also amazing. They canceled the penalty for the late report, and let me make up the lab, on the condition that I start seeing one of the campus counselors. To those three, thank you so much for that!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!