Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nothing Sadder Than Going Out Of Your Way To Bring Others Down

, , , , | Friendly | August 19, 2019

(I’m a bit of a horror fanatic and own a sizeable collection of horror-movie-themed T-shirts. I just think it’s a fun way to show off my fandom. Typically, nobody really comments on my shirts outside of the occasional “Cool shirt, bro.” But one day, I am in line at a small corner store wearing one of my shirts, which has artwork inspired by a certain iconic horror film from the late 70s. There are a few people in front of me in line, and the person directly in front of me, some college-aged frat-looking dude, turns around and begins talking to me.)

Customer: “Wow, you must be really sad.”

Me: “Huh?”

Customer: “That movie on your shirt is s***. You must be a really sad person to think you’re so cool wearing that.”

Me: *confused chuckle* “Okay, buddy, whatever you say.”

Customer: “It’s pathetic, you know? You thinking you’re so cool. I can’t imagine how the other kids must treat you at school.”

Me: “Well, I’m 30, so I really couldn’t care what some school kids would think. Now please shut up and leave me alone.”

Customer: “Wow, what a loser. Thinking you’re so cool for having such a s***ty taste in movies and a s***ty shirt.”

Me: *in an annoyed, sarcastic tone* “Yeah, sure… really sucks. I’m so lonely. I don’t know how I can sleep at night.”

Customer: “What kind of pathetic loser goes around in a s***ty shirt like that thinking he’s so cool?”

Me: “Someone who doesn’t care what you think?”

Customer: “What a f****** loser!”

(The customer stepped out of line and just walked out of the store. Thoroughly confused, I went through the line and left, only to be confronted by the customer, who was standing around with a group of friends outside the doors. On cue, they all pointed and laughed at me the entire time I walked to my car, taunting me about my shirt and how much of a loser I am. I’ll genuinely never understand why some people feel such a need to try and make other people feel bad about the things they like. But needless to say, I haven’t stopped wearing the shirts, because screw those guys. I’m not ashamed to like what I like.)


This story is part of our Scary Movies roundup!

Read the next Scary Movies roundup story!

Read the Scary Movies roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!