Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Nothing But A Bunch Of Mean Girls

, , , | Hopeless | March 2, 2017

(I am a server at a fairly laid back burger diner. I am in the middle of a Saturday night shift when I get a two top, a couple no older than myself. I’m 27.)

Me: “Heya, guys, how’s it going?! Can I grab you something to drink to start out with this evening?”

Female Customer: “Hmm.” *eyeing over the menu looking at our milkshakes*

Me: “Were you maybe thinking about some milkshakes? We have some really good ones.” *lists flavors*

Female Customer: *laughing* “Babe! She’s a pusher!”

Male Customer: “Oh, my goodness. Haha!”

Female Customer: “I’m a pusher lady. I’m a pusher!”

(Understanding that my table is quoting ‘Mean Girls’ I start laughing too.)

Me: “Oh, my goodness, I love that movie!”

Female Customer: “We just watched it; I’m a big fan.”

(They order a couple rootbeer floats and when I go back to take their order this happens:)

Female Customer: “Okay. I’ll have a [Burger] and a [Side].”

Male Customer: “And I’ll have the same.”

Me: “Aw, man, I was kinda hoping you would get a Caesar salad.” *voice getting high and kinda frantic as on par with the movie quote* “SO WE CAN TOTALLY STAB IT!”

(They look at me like I just grew six heads.)

Female Customer: “Whaa?”

Me: “Oh, my god, I’m sorry! It was a joke. I was just kinda quoting the movie. You know? ‘We should just totally stab Caesar’? I’m sorry.” *awkward chuckle*

(They burst out laughing.)

Female Customer: “Oh, my goodness! You’re at a ten and imma need you to come back done to a three! Haha.”

Me: “Haha, okay, I’m sorry about that.”

(They get their food and everything is great. I go to drop off their check.)

Me: “I just wanted to let you guys know that I paid for your root beer floats tonight because I’m kind of a weirdo and I wanted to apologize for earlier.”

(They look at each other is disbelief and get huge smiles.)

Female Customer: “Haha, well, ‘You can’t sit with us!’ That’s great! You were okay. It was funny.”

Me: “Okay, good. Haha, I don’t know what it is, but when someone starts quoting ‘Mean Girls’ I just can’t stop. Like right now I suppressing the urge to ask you if you guys had ‘an awesome time drinking your awesome shooters’ with your awesome friends!”

(They lose it again and just start laughing.)

Female Customer: “Well, that’s it; I think you’re a bigger fan than I am!”

(They come up to pay the bill and my manager cashes them out.)

Me: “You guys have a great night!”

Them: “You, too!”

Me: “You go, Glenn Coco!”

(They left and my manager said that they told him they left me something at the table. I walked over and they had left me a note on a napkin with a $10 bill. The note said “On Wednesdays, we wear pink. :) Thank You!” This was truly one of the best customer experiences I’ve had. It was such a pleasure serving them. This encounter made my whole night and I’ve already told this story to a number of people who think it’s hilarious as well. Maybe it’s a “had to be there kind of thing” but I’ll never forget that couple.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!