Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Your Average Mother

| Related | February 22, 2017

(Our science teacher often posts a class average whenever we have a test. My mother is known for being incredibly stubborn, sometimes obsessed with what she says is right. We have just had a test that most people bombed.)

Mother: “[My Name], why do you have a 50% on this test?”

Me: “What? Oh! That’s not me; that’s the class average.” *gestures to my score, which is a 100%* “This is mine.”

Mother: “Is it? It says that the class average is 50%, though.”

Me: “Yeah, but that’s the whole CLASS. They failed, but I didn’t.”

Mother: “No, no. You got 50% on the test. Explain yourself.”

Me: *face-palming* “Mom, that’s the class AVERAGE. Just because the rest of my class got 50% doesn’t mean I failed the test, Mom.”

Mother: *disbelieving* “Well, we’ll call your dad and see what he has to say about this.”

Me: “Really, Mom? You are really going to call Dad at work just so he can tell you that my score was 100% when the class average is a 50%?”

Mother: “Yes, you’re being very belligerent.” *proceeds to call Dad and put it on speaker with a smug face*

Dad: “Honey, what do you need?”

Mother: “Well, [My Name], explain yourself.”

Me: *sigh* “I got 100% on my test, even though the class average was 50%.”

Dad: “Really? Honey, that’s great! That means that he did better than the rest of the class.”

Mother: “Then why is the class average 50%? You know what? I’ll talk with his teacher tomorrow.”

Me: *face-palm*

(Unsurprisingly, the next day, my teacher had to get rid of her by saying that he’ll “change” my score to 100%. However, just because my mother was so incredibly stubborn and ignorant, I moved out the first opportunity I had. My dad still tries to convince her that I passed that test.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!