Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Working Here Worked Out Okay In The End

, , , , | Right | January 25, 2023

We recently got a new puppy, and a friend bought her a lovely box full of toys and treats. Both the puppy and our older dog loved the large femur bones filled with flavors and chewed them almost into nothing.

I went to the pet store to grab some more and a treat bag for training purposes. All the employees wear blue shirts with the logo on the left chest, and I had seen several walk past the aisle I was in. After searching all over, I finally decided I would have to ask someone where the training treat bags were. I saw a gentleman in a blue shirt walk past the aisle and called out.

Me: “Excuse me, I’m so sorry to be a bother and disturb you. But I was hoping you could help me find something?”

Man: *Half turning to me but not facing me fully* “Ah, sure?”

Me: “I’m sorry, I was hoping you might know where the training treat bags are?”

Man: *Looking off to his left and waving a little* “Ah, I have no idea. I need help finding stuff, too.”

My heart dropped into my stomach as an employee came up beside the man. The man’s shirt was maybe one shade lighter blue than the employee’s, and the logo was the same size and color but obviously different.

Me: “Oh, my God, I’m sooo sorry! Oh, God, I’m one of those people!”

My face was burning and I imagine it was a shade of red from embarrassment.

Man: *Now laughing* “It’s okay! At least you weren’t rude about it! Besides, I was looking for an employee to help me find something, too!”

Employee: “Yeah, he can help you find the pet products, and you can give me a call if you need telecommunications and fiber optics help!” *Now laughing, as well*

The actual employee helped us both find what we needed while teasing me the whole time in a good-natured fashion. I’m embarrassed, but at least it all turned out okay in the end!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!