Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Very Closed Minded, Part 14

| Right | April 12, 2016

(A lady has been in our store for nearly seven hours and is very chatty, often stopping employees from finishing their work because she wants to talk. It’s about five ’til closing when she finally comes up to the registers. I’m helping put away clothes nearby when the transaction is being finished and when things start to go down hill.)

Cashier: “Your total for the night is $1600.”

(She swipes her charge only to find that it is declined.)

Cashier: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but you still owe $1300. It seems that your credit limit was only $300. Do you have any form of payment?”

Customer: “No, that’s the only card I brought tonight.”

(At that point the manager has to void the whole thing out and we then have to re-ring everything.)

Manager: “Ma’am, do you want us to put this on hold so you can come back another day to decide which items you want?”

Customer: “No, I’ll decide now.”

Manager: “Well, we are already way past closed and we have to be out of the building by 10:15 or else the alarms get turned on.”

Customer: “No, I’ll do it now.”

(She then keeps chatting away, seemingly oblivious as to how pissed we all are at her, since now no employee can leave until she’s gone. At the end of the night she makes this comment:)

Customer: “Gosh, you’d think I was the most wretched customer of the day. What did I even do?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!