Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Understanding The Prints-iple  

, , , | Right | January 4, 2020

(My printer, ink, and cartridge store opens at 9:15 in the morning. It’s 8:55 and I’m getting everything ready when a customer comes in. I smile and greet them.)

Me: “Hello, how can I help you?”

Customer: *muttering* “I thought you opened at 8:30. I waited for more than half an hour.”

Me: “I’m sorry. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Some days ago you give me these cartridges for my printer, but they don’t fit in!”

(I check the printer code, and the cartridges are right.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but the cartridges are correct. Their shape is slightly different because even the cartridge shape is copyrighted, but they’re correct. Did you hear the click putting them in?”

Customer: “No, they don’t click! My printer doesn’t recognize them!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but they are right. If you bring your printer here I’ll put them in for you.”

(We repeat the same two lines of dialogue for three minutes with small variations.)

Me: “Sir, listen to me. If you bring your printer here and I can’t put the cartridges in, I’ll give you the XL version original free of charge.”

Customer: “No, no. Bringing the printer here from [Small Town less than twenty minutes by car]? I’ll try again, and if I can’t, that means that [Business] doesn’t care about their customers!”

Me: “As you wish, sir.”

(Before you complain about me betting against the customer, I have variations of this dialogue at least once every few days, and every time when the customers come with the printer the faulty cartridges magically fit and the printer works perfectly. I may have been slightly condescending in the end but again, after a while, repeating the same thing over and over gets annoying.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!