Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Not Telling Is Very Telling

, , | Right | May 20, 2018

(In our office, patients must check in at the front desk so we know who they are and how we can help them. Patients often bring family members who will come and go in the waiting room, and sometimes patients’ rides home will come in and wait without talking to us. We receptionists are usually too busy to ask each and every person who hasn’t checked in with us what they’re there for. On this particular instance, an older lady walks in and sits down without saying anything to us. We have several people in line to check in, so we don’t take any notice. After the line has been taken care of, the lady stomps up to the desk)

Patient: “I have been waiting for fifteen minutes and no one has checked me in! You mean I have to actually tell you I’m here to get checked in?!”

Me: “Well, yes, otherwise we don’t know what we need to do for you. I’m free now, so how can I help you?”

Patient: “I can’t believe I actually have to tell you I’m here to get any service!”

(No, she was not a regular, and I had no clue who she was. She didn’t even have an appointment!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!