Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Talking Enough Turkey

, , , | Right | June 20, 2017

(I work in a restaurant that sells turkey meals. One Saturday, just as I’m about to get off, a man walks in.)

Me: “Hello! What can I get for you today?”

Customer: “I’ll have a turkey meal.”

Me: “Would you like gravy with that?”

Customer: “Did I ask for gravy?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I had to ask. Would you like any sides?”

Customer: “Are you f****** deaf or something? I said I wanted turkey.”

(I can tell the customer is getting agitated and I am trying to remain calm. I move over to the register to ring up his order.)

Me: “Sir, would you like a drink?”

Customer: “God, you are so f****** stupid! I SAID I WANTED TURKEY!”

(The man begins to yell a long string of curse words and the manager is called. At this point I’m on the verge of tears.)

Manager: “Is there a problem?”

Customer: “F*** YEAH, THERE’S A PROBLEM!”

(The customer continues to scream curses at me. The manager turns to me.)

Manager: “Is there a problem?”

Me: “I asked him if he wanted gravy, sides, and a drink.”

(The manager tells me to go wait in the back and continues to ring up the customer’s order while he is still screaming. After the customer leaves, the manager comes to see me.)

Manager: “I’m so sorry.”

Me: “What was that?”

Coworker: “You just met the Turkey Guy.”

(It turned out this guy came in every Saturday and ordered the same thing every time. Now I know why no one wanted to work Saturdays.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!