Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Sweet On The Potato

, | Right | December 7, 2012

(I work for a small, privately-owned fast food chain, and we often receive many questions about our food and what goes into each item. I notice a man that ordered a few moments ago is lingering at the counter trying to look into the back. I excuse myself and approach him.)

Me: “Did you have any questions, sir?”

Customer: “Yeah, what do you put in your fries?”

Me: “Our fries?”

Customer: “Your fries. What do you put in them?”

Me: “Well, we salt them, but that’s—”

Customer: “No! What do you put in the fries?!”

Me: “Um… potatoes?”

Customer: “Do you have a manager? Where is your manager?!”

(My manager comes up to the counter to see what is wrong.)

Manager: “What seems to be the problem?”

(By now, the customer is speaking loud enough for the whole dining room to hear him.)

Customer: “What do you put in your fries?!”

Manager: “…I’m sorry?”

Me: “I think he wants to know what the ingredients for the fries are.”

Customer: “Yes! What do you put in the fries?”

Manager: “Potatoes.”

(The customer points in a very angry manner toward the back of the kitchen where we cook the fries.)

Customer: “No! I want to know it says on that box of what you put in your fries! Bring me that box, RIGHT NOW!”

Manager: “Sir, I’m not allowed to bring it to the front. Now, please…”

(After a minute or two of talking with my manager, the man seems to quiet down. I figure everything has been resolved and began chatting with the pair of customers from earlier. Soon, the irate customer receives his food and starts walking out of the store.)

Me: “Thank you for coming to [restaurant].”

Customer: “I’M GOING TO GIVE THIS TO MY SON EVEN IF YOU WON’T TELL ME WHAT’S IN IT!” *leaves*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!