Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Sure What The Hole-Up Is

| Working | June 24, 2013

(It’s 11 am Sunday morning and I’m buying donuts. Business is not exactly hopping.)

Me: “Good morning! I’d like three dozen assorted doughnuts, please.”

Cashier: “You need to call ahead for orders larger than two dozen. If I sell you three dozen, I’ll be almost out of stock, and won’t be able to serve other customers.”

(I glance around. The only other customer is an elderly man reading a newspaper. There is no line, and my car is the only one in the lot.)

Me: “So, you can’t sell me these doughnuts, because then you would have sold the doughnuts you’re trying to sell, and couldn’t sell them any more?”

Cashier: “That’s correct. If you’d like three dozen, you need to give us 15 minutes notice so we can make enough to fill the order.”

Me: “Okay… so can I order three dozen doughnuts for 15 minutes from now?”

Cashier: “Yes!”

(I wait 15 minutes while the employees cook more doughnuts. The only other customer has now fallen asleep at his table. No other customers enter the store. The existing doughnuts sit behind glass, taunting me. 15 minutes later, the new doughnuts are ready.)

Cashier: “There you go, sir. Please remember to call ahead next time!”

Me: “…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!