Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 32

| Right | June 2, 2016

(I’m working at the front desk of a popular computer repair store that also repairs phones. It’s my first week working on front desk as I’m usually out the back fixing the computers. The owner and manager of the store is out here to supervise me. A man walks in wearing business casual and wanders around, looking at the display computers before coming to me.)

Me: “Hi, I’m [My Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Hey, yeah. I was wondering if you guys did phones?”

Me: “We sure do. What type of phone is it and what’s wrong with it?”

(He hands me the latest in a particular phone line. it’s pretty obvious what happened as the screen has smashed and one of the corners is dented. I put it down on the desk.)

Me: “All right, we’ll get right onto that. May I have your name?”

Customer: *completely ignoring my question* “How long do you think it will take?”

Me: “Screen replacements usually take about an hour. May I have your name?”

Customer: “Okay, cool.”

(He picks his phone up off the desk and makes towards the door.)

Me: “Uh, sir…?”

(He doesn’t listen and keeps walking out, exiting the building.)

Me: *turning to the manager* “Uh, did he just…?”

Manager: “Yep. He’ll be back.”

(Around an hour later, he returned and demanded to know if his phone had been fixed yet. It, of course, wasn’t and he berated me for being stupid and lazy even though he took the phone with him. My manager, previously having gone back to his office, came out to defend me and banned the customer from the store after he made a scene and broke one of our display computers. My manager bought me lunch after that.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!