Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 7

| Right | April 11, 2013

(I am helping a customer who’s having an issue with his iPhone’s touch screen.)

Me: “Okay, sir, what I’m going to try is a soft reboot. That usually fixes these issues.”

(Another customer, who has been standing behind me, suddenly turns around.)

Customer: “What? Ah h*** no! Let me have a look at that, ma’am.”

(He suddenly rips the phone out of my hands.)

Me: “Sir, please hand that back!”

Customer: “All you have to do is just take the battery out, like so…”

(He attempts to pry the casing off the back of the phone. Unfortunately on an iPhone, the battery cannot be removed that way, so he just ends up struggling fruitlessly with it for several seconds.)

Me: “Sir, please can I just try—”

Customer: “Butt out! Let’s see if this works…”

(He jabs frantically at the screen, violently shakes the phone, then finally throws it on the floor, breaking the screen.)

Customer: “Yeah, the d*** thing is FUBAR. You’re out of luck, buddy.”

(He walks out.)

Me: “Did that really just happen?”

(Mercifully, my original customer has insurance, so we are able to get him a replacement phone.)


This story is part of our iPhone roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!