Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not-So-Smart-Phone, Part 33

| Right | July 4, 2016

(I’m a manager at a large wireless cell phone provider. One of my employees is at the door.)

Employee: “Welcome to [Store]. How I can help you?”

Guest: “Yes, do you guys have a phone book?”

Employee: “No, but I can look up a number for you as long as it is not listed in the white pages.”

Guest: “I need the number for [Local Pizza Place].”

Employee: *pulls out his smart phone and searches number* “The number is [number]. Would you like me to write that down for you?”

Guest: “No, I’ll just save it in my phone.” *pulls out her smart phone and enters the number* “Thank you so much! Do you just have all those numbers saved in your phone?”

Employee: “Uh… no, I looked it up on Google.”

Guest: “You mean to tell me I could have looked it up on my phone? I drove all the way to the mall for no reason?” *starts yelling* “WHY DIDN’T THEY TELL ME I COULD USE MY PHONE LIKE THAT?!”

Employee: “I’m sorry, miss. I can show you how…”

Guest: “Oh, never mind! I have to get home to order pizza for delivery!” *storms out of store*

Me: “Well, that was interesting.”

Employee: “Good thing we keep all those numbers saved in our phones!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!