Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not So Pretty In Pink, Part 2

| Working | October 25, 2013

(My best friend loves hair dye and often has her hair in multiple colors. At the minute, half of her hair is three different shades of pink while the other half is un-dyed.)

Employee: “Hi, welcome to—oh. You can’t be here.”

Best Friend: “Um, why?”

Employee: “Because we don’t serve punks in here. Now, get out!”

(The employee then notices me.)

Employee: “You shouldn’t hang out with girls like her. All they do is get into trouble, get knocked up, and party all night while they use up welfare! Ugh, look at her! She has a baby already!”

(Unfortunately, my friend has dealt with this before. The baby the employee is referring to is her two-year-old sister, who she’s carrying.)

Best Friend: “I should just go somewhere else, but I hate arrogant people. This child is my adopted sister and I often take her out with me because she likes spending time with my best friend and me. I am not a punk. My hair is pink because I like the color. I am not a troublemaker. In fact, I volunteer as often as I can at a preschool and a nursing home. Have you never heard the expression ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’?”

Employee: “Well… you’ll never be able to have a real job. No employer would hire you!”

Best Friend: “False. Before I moved here last year, I did have a job. I worked there for four years and my boss never had a problem with my hair colors.”

(At this point, my friend’s sister begins squirming.)

Friend’s Sister: “I need to go potty! I need to go now! Potty!”

Best Friend: “Now, would you please direct us to the restroom for my little sister and have us seated afterwards?”

(The employee does so. My friend decides not to complain to the manager since we had no problems after that, but we never return to that particular restaurant again.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!