Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not So Closed Minded, Part 9

| Right | October 8, 2016

(During the summer our store stays open until 11 pm. Now that summer is ending we are back at our winter hours of closing at 10 pm. My coworker has made announcements at 9:45 and 9:55 that the store is closing. It is now 10:10, we have turned off the outside lights, dimmed the dining room lights, and turned up the music while we clean.)

Coworker: “Uhm, guys, I found some people and they won’t leave.”

Manager: “What?”

Coworker: “Yeah, I went to clean the bathrooms and they are sitting at one of the bars. I told them we were closed but they just said ‘No, you aren’t’ and ignored me.”

(The manager walks around the corner to where the people are sitting.)

Manager: “Excuse me, ladies. We have actually closed for the night so I am going to need you to leave so we can finish mopping.”

Girl #1: “No, you aren’t!”

Girl #2: “Yeah, you guys don’t close till 11! We aren’t leaving.”

Manager: “I’m sorry but we are. Staying open until 11 is something we only do during the summer. We switched back to winter hours last week.”

Girl #2: “Ugh, you’re such a liar. You just want to go home early!”

Girl #1: “Yeah, stop being so lazy! Google says your hours are till 11!”

(Girl #2 pulls out her phone and puts it so close to my manager’s face it is touching her nose.)

Girl #2: “SEE!”

Manager: “No, you two need to leave. Please be careful as we have already started mopping.”

Girl #2: “Make us!”

Manager: “Fine, I’ll call security.”

(Both girls moaned but began picking up their stuff. They made a point to drag it out as long as possible and “missed” the garbage when throwing their ice creams out.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!