Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Really Framing A Good Argument

| Right | February 4, 2014

(I work in arts and craft store’s frame shop, which is located in a very small strip mall.)

Customer: “I really need something framed today. It’s urgent.”

Me: “Sure! We can do an express framing by picking out a ready-made frame on the floor and cutting a custom mat.”

Customer: “But I really want that frame.”

(He points to a corner sample on our wall display. We have over 400 samples.)

Me: “Well, that is a custom frame molding and we can order that for you, but it will take two weeks to complete.”

Customer: “No, I really need it today. That’s the one I want. Can you get it done by 6 pm?”

(As he says this, he can see my entire work room over my shoulder, which is obviously too small to hold any lumber, much less enough for 400+ frames.)

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. We don’t make any of these frames in-house. If you really want that frame I will have to order it from our central warehouse, who will cut and join it before sending it to my shop. If you are in a hurry, there are two frames we sell on our sales floor that I think would be very similar to the custom frame sample you like. They would look great!”

Customer: “But you’re a frame shop! Why don’t you make the frames here?”

Me: “Sir, if you look behind me, you’ll see my entire frame shop. We don’t have the room to store all of the frame materials so we use a warehouse.”

Customer: “That’s ridiculous! You should make them here!”

Me: “Sir, we offer over 400 different frames. If we kept enough lumber in stock to fulfill the frame-size request of each frame-type for each customer, we would need a building the size of [local national chain hardware store].”

Customer: “Oh…”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!