Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Sure If He Is Bee-ing Serious

| Learning | December 8, 2014

(My philosophy professor is kind of eccentric. He gets distracted easily and has a good sense of humor, which makes class interesting. One day, we notice a bee flying around the room. The windows in the room don’t open so it doesn’t have very good chances of getting out. Eventually it lands on the counter next to the window.)

Professor: “Has it landed? Don’t worry. I’ve got this.”

(He climbs up onto the counter (which is at waist height; he’s not towering over the class) and steps on the bee once.)

Professor: “Oh, God, what have I done? It’s still squirming around. Oh, God. He wasn’t hurting anyone. Why did I do this?”

Classmate: “Just put it out of its misery!”

Professor: “Good idea.”

(He steps on the bee a few more times, until he’s sure its dead. He climbs down from the counter and starts to teach again, but turns back around.)

Professor: “I feel like we should say a few words. Mr. Bee, may your eternity be filled with yummy flowers and many honeycombs. And sorry about killing you…”

 

Did you find this story using our World Bee Day roundup?

Click here to get back to it!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!