Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Will Have You In Stitches

, , , , , | Romantic | November 2, 2016

(I recently had a mole removed in a relatively awkward place: my left breast. The dermatologist didn’t seem overly concerned about leaving as small a scar as possible, despite me asking him to be careful. I had the procedure done first thing in the morning and was instructed to remove the bandage and replace a fresh one over the spot before going to bed. I’m standing in the en-suite bathroom in our master bedroom when this exchange occurs.)

Me: “My God, babe. These stitches are awful. He didn’t care at all.”

Fiancé: “It can’t be that bad. Let me see.”

(I show him; the stitches are those large black plastic kind you often see. Not exactly delicate.)

Fiancé: “I bet it will heal better than it looks.”

Me: *visibly upset* “It’s all puckered and awful.”

(I go back into the bathroom, look at it again, and start giggling to myself.)

Fiancé: “What’s so funny?”

Me: “Well. You know what the stitches remind me of? Frankenstein. So that would make this… Frankenboob.”

Fiancé: “Can we call the other one ‘Igor’?”


This story is part of our Mole Day roundup!

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the Mole Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!