Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Quite The Cream Of The Crop

| Working | May 18, 2017

(A popular Canadian coffee chain has started making their new iced coffee. I’m from Boston, so I basically live on iced coffee and know exactly what I like. My dad is driving me from Toronto to Buffalo, where I’ll catch a domestic flight home. We stop for coffee before leaving the city. I order an iced coffee with cream and sugar. It’s WAY too sweet, so I give it to my dad and go back inside. I order another one with cream and no sugar, and somehow it’s still too sweet. I decide to drink it anyway, but when we stop for gas I run in and try a third time.)

Me: “Hi, can I have an iced coffee, just black, with sugar?”

Cashier: “…I’m sorry?”

Me: *repeats order*

Cashier: “I don’t understand. You don’t want the cream?”

Me: “No, black is fine.”

Cashier: “But… we put the cream in before the coffee.”

Me: “Okay…” *moment of silence while we stare at each other*

Cashier: “So, you want cream and sugar?”

Me: “No, no cream. Just sugar.”

Cashier: “I already told you, we put the cream in before the coffee.”

Me: “Okay, well… can you… not?”

Cashier: “Um… I guess? I’ll have to ask my manager.”

(She went off and actually asked her manager if it was okay to NOT put cream in my coffee. The manager basically looked at her like she’s an idiot, and told her ‘of course.’ She made my coffee with cream anyway.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!