Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Quite “Feeling” Your Card

, , , , , | Right | July 30, 2020

I’m a customer waiting in line behind another customer that is about to pay at the register. This store requires ID when using any sort of credit or debit card, and the customer in front of me is attempting to pay using her mother’s debit card.

Employee: “I’m sorry, I can’t ring this up because this card is not under your name.”

Customer: “But it’s my mother’s card! She lets me use it all of the time!”

Employee: “Again, I’m sorry, but I still can’t do it. I can hold these items for you and your mother can come back in with you and purchase them. It’s company policy that I cannot charge a credit card without the cardholder present and with a valid ID.”

Customer: “This is f****** bulls***!”

She turns and looks at me like I should be agreeing with her.

Customer: “MY MOTHER ISN’T F****** HERE AND I NEED THESE CLOTHES RIGHT NOW!”

The girl continues to rant about what she’s doing or where she’s going for another few minutes and the employee is nearly in tears.

Me: “Why don’t you shut the f*** up and get out of here? You think she would rather stand here, listen to your abuse, and hold up everyone else in line because she doesn’t feel like charging you for your clothes?”

She stormed out.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!