Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Quite A Delicate Flower

, , | Right | December 2, 2020

I work in a flower shop. I’ve been studying to be a florist for only a month now, and it’s the second day of my internship. So, naturally, we haven’t covered every part of how to take care of flowers and plants. There’s a woman looking at an outside plant.

Customer: “Excuse me, how do I take care of this plant?”

Me: “I’m not sure; I have to check with one of my coworkers.”

She immediately gets mad and actually starts screaming at me!

Customer: “How the f*** can you not know?! You are the one working here!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. This is actually just my second day of my internship, and in school, we haven’t covered this part yet.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous! You should know all this! I need your help. Why don’t you know this and help me?”

The customer is still screaming at me and I am more than done.

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sorry that I don’t know, but to be honest, I’m done talking to you if you keep yelling. So, please, go talk to one of my coworkers because I’m not gonna help you anymore.”

My boss comes out to see why there is so much noise.

Boss: “What seems to be the problem?”

The woman is still mad and still yelling.

Customer: “Your coworker doesn’t know anything about this plant and I just want to know how to take care of it!”

Boss: “Ma’am, she’s an intern on her second day. I wouldn’t expect for her to already know all of this.”

Suddenly, the customer calms down.

Customer: “Oh, she never told me that.”

After ten minutes of talking to my boss, she got the information she wanted and bought the plant. My boss told me she is a b**** and one of their least favorite customers.

One year later, my boss hired me to work twice a week until I finish my schooling. Sometimes that woman comes back, but she refuses to be helped by me.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!