Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Picking Up On The Delivery Method

, , , | Right | December 10, 2021

Local customers can pick up their orders from our facility by selecting “Pickup” as the delivery method when they place the order. Like basically every other online retailer I can think of, though, your online account still requires that you enter a default shipping address.

Customer: “I received an email saying you cancelled my order, and I’m confused about why.”

I get his email address and pull up his order. “Pickup” was selected as the delivery method. I can also see the email we sent that clearly stated, “We cancelled your order because it was not picked up for seven business days.”

Me: “It looks like we had it ready for pickup for seven days, and you never came to get it. Did you still need it?”

Customer: “But that’s wrong. I put a shipping address in there. You were supposed to ship it.”

I double-check in case I was wrong.

Me: “I apologize for any misunderstanding. You had selected pickup as the delivery method.”

Customer: “But then I put in a shipping address, so you should have known.”

Me: The system requires you to enter a default shipping address to place an order, regardless of the delivery method you choose. But that’s not a problem; all the info is saved from the cancelled order. I can get it shipped out today.”

Customer: “If you have the address, why didn’t you ship it? This is so confusing.”

Because we can’t read minds yet?

Me: “The next time you log in, just be sure to double-check which delivery method is selected. You’ll receive a new confirmation shortly.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!