Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Odd Behavior Just Hit The Roof

, | Working | February 26, 2015

(The managers we have are all pretty laid back on the rules, so long as everything is done by the end of the night. There is one coworker who always finds a way to lighten the mood of an otherwise stressful shift. I am working the night shift on the fourth of July when fireworks start going off. We can see them out the drive-thru windows, but a majority of them are obscured by trees and so on.)

Coworker: “Wow… those are beautiful. We should all go on the roof, and watch them for a while.”

(I just laugh it off, and continue with my shift. A couple hours later, where I’m wrapping up the last few minutes of my shift, and getting ready to leave:)

Manager: “Has anyone seen [Coworker]?”

(It dawns on me that I hadn’t seen him in the last half hour. We all start looking for him, when someone goes outside. Lo and behold, he’s there, standing on the roof to watch the fireworks.)

Me: “Get down here, man! You gotta cook some meat!”


This story is part of the American Independence Day 2021 roundup!

Read the next American Independence Day 2021 roundup story!

Read the American Independence Day 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!