Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Paying Attention Will Leave You Distressed

, , , | Right | September 19, 2020

I work for a store that sells furniture at a discount. A customer puts in an order for a dresser that is distressed, meaning it looks intentionally battered and old. Some people like it for the “antique” look.

Me: “Sir, are you sure you want this? It is distressed; see the picture?”

I show him the picture, but he barely glances at it.

Customer: “Yeah, sure, whatever. It’s fine.”

Me: “Okaaaay…”

I put in the order. A few weeks later…

Me: *On the phone* “Sir, your dresser has arrived; you can come to our warehouse and have a look.”

Customer: “Great! I’ll be right there!”

He arrives and he is rubbing his hands together, very excited. I show him to the warehouse and unwrap his furniture.

Customer: “What the…? It’s all beat up!”

Me: “Yes, that’s the style you ordered.”

Customer: *Not listening* “Obviously, there has been shipping damage to it. I want a new one.”

Me: “You don’t understand; that’s how it’s supposed to look.”

Customer: “Yeah, right! You’re just a girl. What do you know about furniture?!”

He keeps saying he doesn’t believe me, so I get a manager. It’s not until the owner himself comes out and says the same thing that it finally gets through.

Customer: “You mean I just spent hundreds of dollars for someone to take a bat to my dresser and make it look that way?”

Owner: “Yes, exactly.”

In the end, the man had to take his battered dresser home unhappily. His daughter, the one he had bought it for, was not pleased with him!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!