Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Paid Enough Peanuts For This

| Right | October 27, 2015

(Our store has a decent-sized bulk section where customers can get whatever amount of certain products and pay for them by weight. Each bin in the bulk section has a clearly marked PLU number, as well as pens and tags available for the customer to write down the number so the cashier knows what they are buying. One day a woman comes into my line with a bag of peanuts from the bulk section. We have at least half a dozen different types of peanuts, and I can’t tell which kind these are by looking at them.)

Me: *sets the bag on the scale and looks for a tag* “I’m sorry ma’am, did you happen to get the PLU code for these?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Okay… Um… Do you know what kind of peanuts they are?”

Customer: “No, I don’t. Just ring me up already!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, I can’t ring them up without the PLU code. Do you at least know how much they were? I can put them in by the price.”

Customer: “NO!” *picks up the bag and throws them at me* “I DON’T WANT THEM!” *storms out angrily*

Me: *blinks*

Supervisor: *walks up to me* “Are you okay? What just happened?”

(I told her, and she was as shocked as I was. The real kicker? I have a SEVERE peanut allergy!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!