Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not On The Cut & Pasting Edge

| Working | March 22, 2013

(I work in the office at a catering company. The owner often comes to me when she’s having trouble with something on her computer.)

Owner: “Hey, do you have a copy of our Mexican Fiesta menu on that computer? I wanted to email it to a customer.”

Me: “No, but I know that menu is on our website. If the file is not saved on your computer then, you can just send your customer the link to the proper page on our site.”

Owner: “But I need to email it to her.”

Me: “You can just put the link in the body of the email. It should take her right to the menu.”

Owner: “If you say so…”

(Five minutes later…)

Owner: “I don’t think this is going to work. See? If I put in our web address, it just goes right to our homepage, not the Mexican Fiesta menu. I don’t want her to have to go searching around our website.”

Me: “You need to get the link for the exact page the menu is on.”

Owner: “How do I do that?”

(I click through our website until I pull up the page with the Mexican Fiesta menu. Because it’s fairly deep in our website, the link itself is very long with a lot of random numbers.)

Me: “There you go. Just use this link.”

Owner: “That link is so long! It’s going to take me ten minutes to type it out! Are you sure you don’t have the menu saved on your computer?

Me: “It’s probably easier this way because the customer doesn’t have to open any attachments, and you don’t have to type it out. Just copy and paste the link into the email.”

Owner: “Copy and paste? How do I do that?”

(I’m a little flabbergasted but I carefully explain how to highlight the link and then copy and paste it. I go through the steps a couple of times for her, but I still end up having to put the link into the email myself.)

Owner: “Wow, I didn’t know you could do that!”

Me: “Wait, have you really never copy and pasted a link before? Have you never sent website links to anyone?”

Owner: “I do all the time! I just type the whole thing.”

Me: *facepalm*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!