Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not On Her Pokémon Gold Behavior

| Related | December 30, 2014

(I have been playing Pokémon Y and trying to catch Mewtwo for several hours when this happens.)

Me: *jumping up from my seat with my fists in the air* “YES! I did it!”

Sister: “What did you do?”

Me: “I finally caught Mewtwo!”

Sister: “Why didn’t you just use a master ball?”

(A master ball catches a Pokémon 100% of the time on the first try, but there is only one of them in the game.)

Me: “I already used it by accident to catch Zygarde… So, instead I had to find a Sableye because it’s, like, one of two Pokémon that’s immune to all of the Mewtwo’s attacks, which was a lot harder than I thought it would be since it’s a rare find, catch it, level it up, use it to weaken the Mewtwo, and throw hundreds and hundreds of pokéballs at it until one of them caught it. I think I only had like three of them left when I finally caught him.”

Sister: “That sounds like a lot of work.”

Me: “Yep. Oh, right, I haven’t saved the game since I caught the Sableye… I should do that now so I don’t accidentally turn it off without saving and lose all my progress again like I did last time.”

Sister: “So you haven’t saved the game yet?”

Me: “Nope.”

Sister: *reaches over and pops the game cartridge out of the back of the 3DS*

(And that is the story of how my little sister nearly ended up in the ER with a 3DS shoved up her butt.)


This story is part of our Pokémon roundup!

Read the next Pokémon Roundup story!

Read the Pokémon Roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!