Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Much Of An Enabler

| Right | October 31, 2012

(My college has a free laser tag game set up in the courtyard by a local group. One of the players, a boy I know fairly well, is knock-kneed to the point of it being a minor disability, and slowing his steps tremendously. He is a good shot, however, and wishes to play. We have about three rounds when a woman storms up to the two men running the event as we all re-load.)

Woman: “Why are you letting them pick on this poor boy?”

Employee #1: “Pick on… who?” *looks at group, confused*

Woman: *points at the knock-kneed boy* “Him!”

Me: “We’re picking on you?”

Boy: “No, don’t think so. I’m having fun!”

Woman: “How can you have fun? They can all run around, and you can’t! You have to hold still!”

Boy: “A lot of people hold still, there are the forts to hang onto.”

Girl: “And thanks for reminding him about the disability, lady.”

Employee #2: “Ma’am, I assure you [company] does not allow bullying in its games.”

Woman: “You can’t let disabled people play sports! They feel discriminated against!”

Employee #1: “So, in order not to discriminate against this boy by letting him play, we should discriminate against him by not letting him play?”

Woman: “I’m reporting this!” *storms off to the help desk*

(She found out that the help desk was student run, and the boy running it was the knock-kneed boy’s former roommate. She was laughed out!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!