Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Much Assurance About The Insurance

| Working | October 26, 2015

(I work as a cashier at a well-known electronics chain. I am expected to offer a protection plan for products to a certain number of people a day, or else I will be questioned and possibly written up. One customer shows up at my till with a pair of earbuds for $5.99. The screen prompts me to tell him about a potential protection plan.)

Me: *bursts out laughing* “What? I’m sorry. May I ask you something?”

Customer: “Okay…?”

Me: *trying to keep a straight face* “Would you like buy a protection plan for your earbuds in case of accidental damage for $9.99?”

(The customer stares at me.)

Customer: “You’re kidding, right?”

Me: “Nope!”

Customer: “You know that’s more than the earbuds themselves, right?”

Me: “Yep!”

Customer: “Why would I buy a protection plan for $9.99 when I could easily just replace the earbuds for another $5.99?”

Me: “Good question!”

Customer: “But you still asked me…?”

Me: “I know. It was just too funny not to offer it. Obviously, I knew you’d say no.”

Customer: “And you were absolutely right. I can’t believe you’re expected to try to sell something like that!”

Me: “Trust me, sir, neither can I….”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!