Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Much Assurance About The Insurance, Part 18

, , , , , , | Right | March 29, 2022

I work in auto insurance in the overnight customer service department. It is around 3:30 am my time; the customer is in the same timezone as me.

Me: “Hello! Thank you for calling [Insurance Company]; this is [My Name]. Am I speaking to [Customer]?”

Customer: “Yeah. They won’t let me on the plane. Can you tell them I’m me?”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. What were you needing?”

Customer: “I forgot my passport and ID. They won’t let me on the plane without it. You insure me to travel. I want to travel. Tell them I am who I say I am so I can fly.”

Airport Employee: “Sir, we need an ID.”

Customer:They have my information! They can confirm I am who I say I am!”

Me: “Sir, the airport employee has stated they need your ID. Me telling them you pass our authorization for your account will not make them let you on the plane.”

Customer: “I pay you to make sure I can travel. I need to travel. This is part of your job!”

Me: “Sir, we insure your car. We cannot force the airport to let you on a plane without an ID.”

Customer: “What am I paying insurance for? I need to travel; you ensure I can travel.”

Me: “We insure your vehicle. We do not ensure that you can use other travel methods.”

Customer: “F*** you! You just don’t want to help me! I want to speak to your supervisor!”

Unsurprisingly, the supervisor told him the same thing I did. The guy threatened to cancel his policy with us since we were not helping him.

Related:
Not Much Assurance About The Insurance, Part 17
Not Much Assurance About The Insurance, Part 16
Not Much Assurance About The Insurance, Part 15
Not Much Assurance About The Insurance, Part 14
Not Much Assurance About The Insurance, Part 13

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!