Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Like A Kid In A Candy Store

, , , , | Right | November 12, 2014

(The candy store I work in is located in the mall, so it’s pretty common to hear young children excitedly realizing that there’s a candy store. Today is really no different, so I simply chuckle when I hear a young boy start shouting.)

Boy: “Look! It’s the candy store! Candy store!”

(However, what he says next is a bit unusual.)

Boy: “And it’s all free, too!”

(Shocked, I rush to intercept the boy before he can actually get into the store, as we have bins right by the door which are easy for children to get into.)

Boy: “Free candy! Free candy! Free candy!”

Me: *alarmed* “Nothing is free! Nothing is free!

(The boy freezes in his tracks, just barely inside the store, and stares at me as though I’d just told him he was never getting another birthday present for the rest of his life.)

Boy: *betrayed* “NONE of it?!”

Me: “None of it!”

(He stared at me for a moment, then turned around and slowly trudged off. I’m just glad I was able to stop him!)


This story is part of our Kids-In-Candy-Stores roundup!

Read the next Kids-In-Candy-Stores roundup story!

Read the Kids-In-Candy-Stores roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!