Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Just Coffee That Is Perky

| Right | January 24, 2013

(I work as a barista while my coworker is on the till. It is the lunch rush and we have a queue of about 15 people. We have been working nonstop for several hours and so are running out of supplies and mugs. I am currently finishing an order for a lady—Customer #1—and preparing to make drinks for the next elderly gentleman—Customer #2.)

Customer #2: *loudly* “I can’t believe how slow this service is! It’s absolutely ridiculous! I’ve only come in here for a cup of coffee!”

(He continues to moan in this manner. I set up the saucers and cutlery for Customer #1.)

Customer #1: *HUGE smile on her face* “Look how hard these girls are working! They are working nonstop! How long are you here until young lady?”

Me: “6 pm.”

Customer #1: “Oh, dear! That’s quite late!”

Me: “It’s alright, really. Today hasn’t been so hectic.”

Customer #1: “Well, you girls really do work hard. It’s to be commended!”

Me: “Thank you very much! Enjoy your drinks and have a nice day!”

(I move on to Customer #2, who by this point has shut up and is looking at the floor. I make his drinks and finish his order and he doesn’t say a word. That lady really perked me up for the rest of my day and it’s nice to see my work is appreciated by some! Thank you!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!