Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not So Hot About Your Hot Dogs

, , , , | Working | September 8, 2017

(I recently got hired as a laundry person; it is my job to gather the dirty towels from the female locker rooms, and place them in the washer. There is another guy who does the towels from the men’s locker rooms, and he is always listening to his headphones, but he nods to me. I’m a naturally quiet person, so I’m just folding the towels. I have a bad feeling about him, but I just put it off.)

Coworker: “Hi.”

Me: “Hi.”

(He gives me a weird look and takes off. Later, as I’m loading up the washer, he sneaks up behind me and forcefully takes the wet towels and shoves them into the washer, nearly hitting me. I can hear the music on his headphones. It’s rap with some explicit lyrics… against females.)

Coworker: “You have to do it fast!” *condescendingly* “Understand?”

Me: “Okay… Thanks.”

(The next day, he comes up to me again while I’m folding.)

Coworker: “Hey! You like eating hot dogs?”

Me: “Uh, no, I don’t like hot dogs.”

(His expression suddenly turns to a rage.)

Coworker: “You don’t have to be uptight! Work can be fun, you know!”

(He glared at me, fists clenched, and I felt very unsafe, since there was no one else around at that moment. He stormed off, and I was left feeling bewildered. I told the truth, I don’t like hot dogs. Or maybe he was alluding to something? I told my supervisor exactly what happened and he told the guy to leave me alone. He didn’t say anything else to me, but stood there, glaring with fists clenched, while I worked, and it was so creepy that I left soon after. Luckily, I was able to find another job after, without creeps as coworkers.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!