Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Hot Enough To Cause A Meltdown

, , | Right | August 17, 2020

A customer is ordering.

Customer: “And can you make sure those fries are fresh?”

Coworker: “No problem, ma’am. We just made these so they should still be really hot.”

Customer: “You guys say that every time and they are never hot enough; I want you to remake a batch for me.”

This is an incredibly annoying request people always make because it messes with the flow of things but we can still do it.

Coworker: “Okay, then, please pull forward and park in the marked lot so we can help the line behind you and we will bring your order out to you soon.”

The customer grumbles but she pulls forward. Once her order is done, it is brought to her and everyone thinks she has left. A few minutes later, there is a knock on the drive-thru window. My coworker turns and sees the customer standing between the window and another customer’s car, looking very angry.

Customer: “Excuse me! These fries are not hot enough. I want a refund!”

She began trying to pry the window open on her own, and since it wasn’t locked, she managed to eventually get it open wide enough for her to stick her upper body in and continue screaming about wanting a refund.

Eventually, she started throwing the fries into my coworker’s face and started talking about calling corporate and getting everyone fired. She eventually just left because no one else was helping her. 

People scream and throw fits over their fries not being hot enough all the time — though that coworker can attest that they were plenty hot since they left a few marks on her face — but this was the biggest meltdown anyone had the whole time I was there.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!