Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Getting To The Meat Of The Problem, Part 4

| Working | May 21, 2014

(We have a regular pizza place we order from, which offers a set vegetarian deal. We never had any problems with them before.)

Delivery Guy: “Hi. I’ve got your order.”

(He starts piling up boxes in my arms. I realise that there’s too many boxes for sides.)

Me: “Hey… I don’t think these are ours. We had [set veggie deal]. It only had the two sides.”

(The two of us open the boxes to check. It’s clearly not our order. There are several boxes of sides and two meat pizzas.)

Me: “This definitely isn’t ours. We had the [set veggie deal]?”

Delivery Guy: “Are you sure it isn’t yours?”

Me: “Yeah. We had veggie pizzas, so it’s not just the wrong sides. This looks like it might be someone else’s order.”

Delivery Guy: “Oh. Well, do you want this one?”

Me: “Um, no thanks. We’d like to have what we ordered.”

Delivery Guy: “But this one has more than you ordered! You’ll get more food!”

Me: “We couldn’t have it even if we wanted. We’re vegetarian and those are meat pizzas.”

Delivery Guy: “You’re sure?”

Me: “Yes.”

Delivery Guy: “Ah. Okay, then.”

(He turns to leave.)

Delivery Guy: “I can’t believe you’re making me go all the way back to the restaurant, when you could have just had this!”

Me: *speechless*

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!