Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Getting The Message

| Right | October 23, 2012

(We are a small store that repairs watches. Upon the completion of a repair job, we call the customer to alert them that their product is ready.)

Customer: “I am here to pick up my watch.”

Me: “Okay, sure! Did you receive a call that it was ready?”

(Asking this allows me a better idea of where to look for the bag, in the completed drawer, in the progress drawer, or intake drawer.)

Customer: “No! I had to call you and ask if it was ready. That is outrageous!”

(I am confused because the job has three notes of us calling her, but no one answered.)

Me: “That’s strange. It says here that we did call you, but there was no answer. Perhaps your answering machine was broken? Or maybe we misread your number?”

Customer: “No, that is my number, and I don’t have an answering machine! You should have left me a message, at least! You have terrible customer service!”

Me: “You expected us to leave a message for you even though there was no person nor machine there to hear or record it?”

Customer: “Yes!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!