Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Feeling Good About This Boss

, , , | Working | July 25, 2012

(We have a new supervisor in our lingerie department. She is very bossy, but doesn’t really know much about the job despite having completed training. We’re all long-standing staff members and know how the department runs. On this day, only my supervisor and I are working; she has pretty much stood around on the tills all day while I run around serving just about every customer.)

Supervisor: “[My Name], this customer wants a bra fit. Are there any changing rooms free?”

Me: “Sorry, but I’m already doing three fittings and I really can’t take on any more. There’s a room free though if you want to do it.”

Supervisor: “Ah… how long will it take until you’re free? I’m not really confident.”

Me: “I really can’t say. One’s almost done but the other two might take a little while.”

Supervisor: “Okay, I’ll tell her to take a seat. You can call her in when you’re free.”

(I eventually get to the customer the supervisor won’t help, who at this point has been waiting almost thirty minutes.)

Me: *to customer* “Okay, I’m done. Would you like to come through?”

(I fit the customer relatively quickly, as she is wearing close to her size and doesn’t want anything specific. She goes away happy with my service, but annoyed she had to wait so long. I talk to my supervisor again.)

Me: *to my supervisor* “You know, you can do the fittings too if the floor’s quiet. You don’t need to stand on the till the whole time if there’s no one waiting to pay. There are three more tills round the corner they can go and pay at if we’re too busy to serve. I can help you and if you get stuck, I can take over or help you without making someone else wait.”

Supervisor: “I know, but… you know, there are days I like doing fittings, and days I don’t. I just didn’t feel like it today.”

Me: “So, you made that poor lady wait half an hour because you ‘didn’t feel like it’?”

Supervisor: “Well… yeah!”

Me: *facepalm*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!