Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Falling Under Your Spell(ing)  

, , , | Right | December 22, 2019

(I work at an offsite location that takes inbound calls for pharmacies.)

Me: “Hello, this is pharmacy technician, [My Name]. May I please have your first and last name?”

Caller: “Hi, my daughter’s prescriptions are ready at your location? Could I have them transferred to another pharmacy?”

(As protocol, we have to transfer the caller to the preferred location if the prescription is pending at another.)

Me: “Certainly. Could you please tell me the address or crossroads of the pharmacy you want it transferred to?”

Caller: *gives crossroads*

Me: “I’m sorry. I’m not familiar with those. Could you please spell the names for me?”

Caller: *says the street names again*

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I need the spelling.”

Caller: *repeats the street names*

Me: “I’m sorry. I need the spelling.”

Caller: *repeats the street names*

Me: “No, sir, the spelling. Could you please spell those out for me?”

Caller: “Hang on.” *in the background* “What are the crossroads here?”

Me: “Sir, are you at the location you want the prescriptions transferred to?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Me: *convinced that I misheard* “You mean you’re there, in the pharmacy where you want to pick up your daughter’s medicine?”

Caller: “Yes.”

Me: “Sir, please talk to them.”

(I didn’t even say my closing and hung up. Our standard time for being on the phone is ninety seconds. It took four minutes to realize that his call was completely unnecessary.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!