Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Exactly The Sweetest Customer

, , , , | Right | January 23, 2012

(My store has a brand of cookies on sale for half price. On the shelf above them is a smaller pack of the same brand that is not on sale.)

Customer: “Excuse me, why do these bigger cookies cost less than these small ones?”

Me: “Those cookies are on sale this week. They usually cost more.”

Customer: “Yes, I know they’re on sale, but why doesn’t the smaller pack cost less?”

Me: “Only the cookies in the larger size are on sale. The other ones are at regular price.”

Customer: “But aren’t they the same?”

Me: “Yes they’re the same brand, but only the larger size is on sale.”

(At this point, the customer grabs hold of my arm.)

Customer: “Yes, but why are the bigger ones cheaper? That’s more sugar! If you have too much sugar you can get diabetes! It’s not healthy!”

Me: “Um, sorry?”

Customer: “I don’t want to buy the bigger pack. I just want the smaller one. It’s too much sugar for me. Why should I have to buy the bigger one?”

Me: “Er, well, you don’t HAVE to buy the bigger one.”

(The customer sighs, shakes his head, and grabs the bigger pack of cookies. He leaves muttering about how everything has so much sugar in it.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!