Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Exactly A Bright Spark

| Right | January 3, 2013

(Through my high school years I had worked as a contractor. When I go to college I help pay my way through by being a maintenance worker in the dormitories. It is my very first week of work, and I receive a work order that the power is out in the wall opposite the entry door. I arrive at the apartment and the resident lets me in before returning to her room. I proceed to check every outlet in the room and find they are all working perfectly.)

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am, which wall was it that has no power? There seems to be a mix up in the description I received.”

Tenant: “Oh, it’s this one right here.”

(The tenant points to the wall that was described and tested first.)

Me: “Well, what kind of problems are you having with it? I tested it and the outlet on this wall seems to be working just fine.”

Tenant: “No, the outlet is not working. There is no power. See, look!”

(She flips the switch to the lamp that is plugged in up and down a few times.)

Tenant: “There’s no power!”

(I bend down to check under the lamp shade and see a clearly blackened bulb. Upon unscrewing it, it makes the distinctive rattle.)

Me: “Well, here is your problem: the bulb is dead.”

Tenant: “What do you mean it’s dead?!”

Me: “Well, the bulb is burnt out. I can get you a new one; it’s no problem.”

Tenant: “Well, how can you even tell?!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!