Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s Not Every Day You Get To Prove Them Wrong

, , | Right | August 28, 2017

(I’m in line, paying for my own order, when another customer comes up to the other register at the counter, and I overhear this exchange.)

Customer: “I’m not telling you my order. I’m in here every morning. I always get the same thing. You should know what it is.”

(I sneak a glance to look for some sign that he’s joking, but he seems serious and irritated. The server is visibly flustered and begins apologizing. I’m angered by his attitude, but since he relents and gives his order, I decide to stay out of it. For the record, his order wasn’t complicated, but neither was it very simple. I pass him to collect my sandwich at the end of the counter and am going to leave, but he starts complaining again.)

Customer: “I can’t believe this. I’m in here every day! You people should know this.”

Me: “Excuse me sir, I’m curious.” *points at his server* “What’s her name?”

Customer: “I don’t know her name.”

Me: *points at other two servers behind the counter* “What are their names?”

Customer: “I don’t know.”

Me: “Really? But you’re in here every day.”

Customer: *smiles and drops his head, chagrined* “Good point.”

(I left then, but I hope his next words were an apology!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!