Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Even In Line And Out Of Line, Part 2

, , , , | Right | September 8, 2020

I am a customer queueing up at the lotto counter, buying just a birthday card. The line is pretty long and the lotto counter is always slow. A second till opens up and an elderly lady walks straight up to it, bypassing about six of us.

Elderly Lady: “Do I really need to queue up?”

Employee: “Yes, you do. There are all these people behind you.”

Elderly Lady: “But all I want is this chocolate bar.”

Employee: “Yes, and you still need to queue.”

Elderly Lady: “But it is such a long line; just put it through now and I can be on my way.”

Employee: “I’m sorry, but you can always use the self-serve tills; they are right there next to this counter.”

Elderly Lady: “Oh, this is ridiculous. All I want is a bar of chocolate. I shouldn’t be expected to wait.”

She then stomps off to use the self-serve tills, muttering under her breath about how useless the staff are. The employee turns to me, as am next in line.

Employee: “I’m so sorry. She does this every single week.”

Related:
Not Even In Line And Out Of Line

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!