Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Even A Fifty-Fifty Chance Of Working

, , , , | Legal | March 10, 2019

(I’ve just checked out a couple who used part food stamps and part $50 cash to pay. I give them their change — about $2 — and they leave. I’m ringing out the two older women who were behind them when the woman from the couple walks back up.)

Woman: “I dropped a $50. Did anyone find it?”

(The older ladies and I both look around and see nothing, and we all tell her we didn’t see a thing.)

Woman: “Well, can I see the cameras to see if anyone took it?”

Me: “No. You are going to have to call the police and file a report, and they will watch the cameras.”

(The woman suddenly looks deflated, and I can instantly tell she thought I would sputter under pressure and maybe just hand her $50. She walks away and goes to another cashier within earshot of us, changing her story to, “The cashier never gave me my $50 in change.” The other cashier also tells her to call the police. She leaves again, defeated. I look at the two older ladies and shake my head.)

One Of The Older Ladies: “That was the most pathetic attempt at a scam I’ve ever seen.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!