Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Enough Paper To Write Out Those Boos

, , , , , | Working | July 8, 2019

(A condescending and patronizing coworker of mine has a habit of asking for lots of favors and cajoling people until they give in. He technically outranks me, so I’ve been careful not to get too mouthy with him until today, when he calls just as I am about to leave for the day.)

Coworker: “Hey, [My Name], my office is low on copy paper. Can I borrow a case from you until the next supply order comes in?”

Me: *glad he’s asking for something minor* “Sure, I can spare a case. Just order me an extra one when you do your order.”

Coworker: “Thanks! Hey, can you run that over to me?”

Me: *no longer glad* “Boo.”

Coworker: “Oh, sweetie, please?”

Me: “BOOOOOOO.”

Coworker: “Honey, just walk it over; it’ll just take a minute.”

Me: “BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Coworker: “C’mon, help me out here.”

Me: “I am helping you out. I’m loaning you paper to make up for the fact that you failed to order enough yet again. I’m not going to go out of my way to make your life easy. Now, you can either come to get the paper yourself, forget about it, or sit on the phone and listen to me ‘boo’ you every time you speak.”

Coworker: “But…”

Me: “BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Coworker: “I’ll be right over.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!