Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Crushed By Your Orientation

| Related | December 21, 2015

(I have recently discovered that I’m asexual and came out to my family. They are all fine with it except for my mother. She isn’t homophobic but just doesn’t understand what asexuality is.)

Mom: “How do you know you’re asexual? You’ve never had sex!”

Me: “What does that have to do with anything?”

Mom: “How do you know that you hate sex if you’ve never tried it?”

Me: “Let me explain something to you. Being asexual doesn’t mean I don’t like sex. It just means that I’m not attracted to men or women.”

Mom: “You’re just a late bloomer. You’ll get a crush someday.”

Me: “I’m 22; I’m pretty sure that will never happen.”

Mom: “You’re too young to give up. I know people twice your age who fell in love and got married.”

Me: “Being asexual doesn’t mean I can’t fall in love. It doesn’t mean I can’t have sex or have a meaningful relationship. It means that I won’t know if I like someone until I get to know them better. I don’t fall in love at first sight so I have to judge people based on personality alone.”

Mom: “But how will you know if you should date someone when you can’t tell if they’re hot?”

Me: “I talk to them!”

Mom: “Oh, I never thought of that.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!