Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2017 Retrospective

, | Right | October 18, 2022

Dear readers,

We’re back and ready to party hearty with another roundup celebrating fifteen years of Not Always Right! Today, we’re taking a look at 2017. This was the year of a total solar eclipse that crossed the USA from coast to coast, the first to do so in ninety-nine years. In Florida, eighty bystanders formed a human chain to rescue a family caught in the ocean’s current. In England, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced their engagement. NASA astronaut Peggy Wilson, the first woman to command the International Space Station, broke the record for most cumulative days spent in orbit.

Facebook reached two billion active monthly users in 2017, and Twitter doubled the character limit of its tweets. This Is Us was the year’s most popular TV show, Wonder Woman premiered on the big screen, and Dear Evan Hansen won the Tony Award for best musical. And five years later, we’re still trying to get Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You out of our heads.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch (Not Always Right), we pushed to a new high of over 9,600 reader-submitted stories published! We also introduced the Not Always Healthy category for tales of daffy doctors, nutty nurses, and the various peculiarities of the human body!

Let’s see what good stories we had cooking in 2017!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

They’re Like A Fish Out Of Water – Has anyone checked to make sure the plant is okay?

Will Not Be Party To Your Demands – Hits from the comments: “Legend has it you can still hear her thumping on the doors yelling that her son’s birthday has been ruined.”

Don’t Chew The Fat With Me If You Can’t Handle It – We hope he steps in something wet and gross every time he puts on clean socks.

Procrastination Cost You Your Marriage – Hits from the comments: “At this point, faking his death and moving to Guam might be the best option.”

I Don’t Work Here, Repeatedly Does Not Work Here – Well, it made the time go by faster, anyway!

In Need Of An Empathy Sandwich – Another one for the soggy socks list!

Whack Friday – When you shop on Black Friday, you have to take your patience with you.

This Is Why We’re In A Recession, Part 70 – Wait… the purse took up the entire check?

Following Instruction To Leave – And it’s not his first time at the checkout, too? Wild.

Trying To Make A Clean Break – Way better than a pop(corn) in the mouth!

Making A Display Of Himself – People like him don’t deserve such nice things

The Importance Of Making Sandwiches – Short, sweet, and to the point!

Drowning In Bad Customers – Hits from the comments: “Here’s hoping his friends rocked the boat when he stood up.”

An Eye-Popping Transaction – Some people just don’t know what to do when faced with reality.

What Is The Price To Get Rid Of You? – When you’re going out of business, anything (and everything) goes!

 

Readers’ Choice – Top Fifteen Voted Stories Of The Year

Acting Like She Was Born Yesterday – Generally, the pharmacy checkout isn’t the place to exercise your stubbornness.

Providing A Good(s) ServiceHits from the comments: “This is one of those few stories where, if it ended with ‘and everybody clapped,’ I’d believe it.”

Fourth Time Is The Charm – Learning to laugh at yourself is an important skill.

Listening To The Voices Of ReasonHits from the comments: “And the sound you heard as you hung up was his head exploding.”

Found The Karma Chord – Hits from Spongebob Squarepants: “Okay, new theory. Maybe we should play so quietly, no one can hear us.”

Actually Feel More Sorry For That StairwellGood night and good riddance!

Raising A Good Egg – The kids just might be all right.

How To Become A Hit With Your Boss – Did he miss “keeping your hands to yourself” day in kindergarten or something?

Every Waitress Is Someone’s DaughterHits from the comments: “Not all heroes wear capes… Sometimes they wear sandals with socks…”

The Epic Fight Between Positive And NegativeThis regular sure knows how to push a jerk’s buttons!

There Is Dough Reason To Stop Do you have any idea how much work it is to make dough, lady?!

The Argument Hasn’t Got A Leg To Stand On – How hard did this lady smack your car?!

His Disability Is A Lack Of DecencyHits from the comments: “Never underestimate little old ladies; they got to be that age cause they’re tough as nails!”

Probably One Per Inch – I’m not sure which coworker wrote this title, but I wish I’d come up with it!

Scaring Them Straight Out – Just let other people live, for f***’s sake.


Remember to check back on our 15th-anniversary content by visiting our special tag created just for this occasion!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!