Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Always Right: 15th Anniversary Month! – 2010 Retrospective

, | Right | October 5, 2022

Dear readers,

Let’s take a journey back to the distant year 2010. The Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver, Canada. The average cost of a gallon of gas in the USA was $2.73. (I could cry!) Apple released the first iPad tablet.

This was the year that Lost ended, Mockingjay wrapped up the Hunger Games saga, and Lady Gaga turned heads in a dress made entirely of meat. One Direction was formed in 2010, and Kesha rocketed to the top of Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart with TikTok.

Meanwhile, 2010 was a busy and successful year here at Not Always Right, too! We published over 1,400 stories from our delightful readers, and some of our stories started to go viral! Come along and see what else we had cooking in 2010!

 

Editors’ Picks – Our Top Fifteen Stories Of The Year

Not All Re-Cycling Is Good – Sure, let’s just stick our kids on potentially dangerous equipment with strangers.

Big Bother – These people do vote. Great.

Aisle Be Watching You – Hits from the comments: “How could anyone be this dense and not turn into a black hole?”

Read Her Lips – A few days later: “Why didn’t you tell me I could’ve gotten this cheaper?! I want a refund!”

Early Bird-Brained – And not once during all of that did it occur to you that something might be amiss?

Try Explaining That To Your Insurance Agent – We’ve all been there… but not to this level.

When The Only Typing Available Is Stereotyping – I would’ve pointed and laughed… but that’s why I don’t work with customers.

Short Cake, Tall Order – That’s a strange way to pronounce “entitled jerk”…

Can’t Keep A Good Waitress Down – Sometimes you have to fight stupid with stupid.

Vaguely Unfamiliar – Of all the things I would’ve guessed they were looking for… that wouldn’t have been one.

You’d Bella Believe It – I promise I’m only judging you a little.

Death By A-Salt – You’re not willing to pay an extra three bucks for your husband’s health, and the employee is the problem?!

Bloody Stupid – If they didn’t think she was stupid before, they sure do now.

Did A Number On This One – Call it a lucky guess, ma’am.

The Ministry Of Silly Walks – Where does one find classes on how to not walk like an employee?

And here’s an extra honorable mention that happens to be my boss’s favorite! A-Paul-ing Service

 

Readers’ Choice – Top Fifteen Voted Stories Of The Year

When Two Wrongs Make It Right – The best kind of criminal is a stupid one.

A Not So Bitter End – If you’re going to be stupid, you should at least be nice about it.

The Economy Is Crumbling – This is a fantastic deal… unless they’re oatmeal raisin.

Tricks Of The Trade – Hits from the comments: “It takes an extra level of stupid for a scammer to complain that the employee tricked him into ruining his scam.”

Stereo-Griping – Thanks for stereotyping me, bestie!

Quite Rightly, Waiting Impolitely Is Unsightly – Be nice and people are nice back. It’s not rocket science.

Some Callers Are Proper Dementor – When you’ve got a name like that, you just have to own it!

A Large Can Of Whoop-A** And A Side Of Just Desserts – We wish we could be as cool as this employee!

In The Navy, His Fate is Sealed – This rear admiral is about to become a major pain in your rear, lieutenant.

Drive Hoo – Somebody’s having a really good day, apparently.

Suffering From A-Salt – Some people have no boundaries whatsoever.

Bohemian Nobody – Hits from the comments: “Bet OP felt like a Queen after that!” *OP = Original Poster

Catcher In The Sky This customer is the NAR version of a Disney princess.

Ain’t No Mountain Wry Enough – We’re calling dibs on that for a band name.

Why Cashiers Should Rule The World – Tell us you have no significant women in your lives without saying it.


Remember to check back on our 15th-anniversary content by visiting our special tag created just for this occasion!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!