Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not All Customers Are Sick

| Right | August 2, 2013

(A customer comes up to my counter.)

Customer: “I have a fascinating offer to make you.”

Me: “Uh-oh?”

Customer: “If you let me use some cleaners, and give me a free water from the fountain, I’ll clean up the mess I just made throwing up all over your bathroom.”

Me: “Oh… Well, the fountain drinks don’t have water, but I’ll get you some. [Coworker] over there is actually cleaning the men’s room right now, so you can talk to him.”

Customer: “Thank you. I’m sorry.”

Me: “Oh, it’s alright.”

(She does indeed borrow some cleaning spray and some towels, and disappears into the women’s restroom for a few minutes. My coworker approaches.)

Coworker: “What was that all about?”

Me: “She didn’t say?”

Coworker: “She just said you said it was okay to borrow the cleaning supplies.”

Me: “Oh. She said she threw up and wanted to clean it up.”

Coworker: “Really?”

Me: “Yup.”

(She comes back out at the end of this conversation.)

Customer: “Again, I’m really, really sorry.”

Me: “Most other customers would have just left it there and not even told us. You told us, apologized, and helped us clean it. You can come in here and throw up every night for all I care. Hope you feel better!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!