Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Not Acting Their Sunday Best

| Right | January 3, 2014

(I work in a shop that exclusively sells Christian books, music, and church supplies. The store is, strangely, open on Sundays.)

Me: “All set? Did you find everything you needed today?”

Customer: “I did. Thank you.”

(She places a large stack of items on the counter. I’m halfway through ringing them up when she speaks up.)

Customer: “I can’t believe you’re open on Sundays.”

Me: “The owner believes it’s convenient for customers who can’t make it during the week, so it’s no hassle.”

Customer: “You shouldn’t be open! This is the Lord’s day!”

Me: “We do have reduced hours on Sundays so the employees can attend church. I came straight to work from a service at [local church] this morning.”

Customer: “No! You should be closed today in honor of the Lord’s day!”

Me: “Ma’am, if we were closed today, how would you get these things you’re buying right now?”

(The customer blinks in surprise and stares at her purchases. Then she scowls and thrusts a credit card at me.)

Customer: “It doesn’t matter! You should be closed on Sundays! Now do your job and ring me up!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!